SCHOOL BASED ASSESSMENT (SBA) 2022
Punjab Examination Commission (PEC) acknowledges the support extended by your office in successful conduct of SBA 2021. It is further apprised that the PEC commission in its 23rd meeting held on 1st October, 2021 agreed to continue the assessment of all grades (1-8) for SBA 2022. The following mode of assessment for SBA 2022 will be followed:
- The assessment will cover the whole curriculum for grade 1-8. b. The assessment for grades (1-5) will be based on SNC 2021 whereas grades (6-8) will be based on National Curriculum 2006.
- The assessment for grade 1 & 2 will be oral and it will consist of Objective Type Questions (MCQS, fill in the blank, true/false etc.) as well as Short Answer/ Constructed Response Questions (CRQS).
- The assessment for grade 3-8 will be written and it will consist of MCQS and Short Answer/ Constructed Response Questions (CRQS).
- The weightage for MCQS and CRQS for grade 3-8 will be equal however it may slightly vary among grades.
- The assessment of Nazra Quran of 50 marks will be held as separate compulsory subject for grade 1-5 for Muslims students and the paper of Islamiat will be of 100 marks.
- The assessment of Ethics/Religious Education for grades 1-5 will be of 100 Marks for Non-Muslim students and it will be equated with 150 marks in lieu of Islamiat (100) + Nazra Quran (50) marks.
- PEC will provide the item bank to schools for grades 1-8 for core subjects i.e. English, Urdu, Mathematics, General Knowledge/Science, Islamiat / Ethics, Social Studies / Geography & Computer Education. The assessment for remaining Elective Subjects wil be prepared by the schools/teachers on the same pattern.