REVISION OF RENTAL CEILINGS FOR HIRING OF RESIDENTIAL ACCOMMODATION AT ISLAMABAD AND OTHER STATIONS.
The Federal Government is pleased to enhance rental ceiling for hiring or residential accommodation in Federal Ministries / Divisions / Attached Department / Subordinate Onices at Islamabad and other specified stations i.c. Rawalpindi , Karachi , Lahore , Quetta and l’estawar as under w.el. 01-07-2021 .
- The enhanced rental ceilings come into force with effect from 01-07-2021 and will apply to.
- All cases of fresh hiring .
- Cases where the allottec / occupant is obliged to pay difference of rent to the owner out of his own resources . In such a case the rent may be increased upto the owner’s demand ( indicated at the time of hiring ) or the allottec / occupant’s revised rental ceiling whichever is less .
- Cases of houses hired under Rule 8 ( ) of the Accommodation Allocation Rules , 2002 or Mlo Housing and Works ‘ O.M No. 2 ( 3 ) / 2003 – Policy dated 31-07-2004 of which lease has expired . The case agreement may be executed with the owner as per current rental assessment of the house or the occupant’s revised rental ceiling or the owner’s demand , whichever is the less .
- Cases of houses hired under Rule 90 ) of the Accommodation Allocation Rules , 2002 on self – hiring basis : In such a case , the existing rent of the house may be increased upto the revised rental ceiling of the allottec / occupant or the rental assessment of the house whichever is less . P.T.O