NOTIFICATION No. PEC : 138 In pursuance of the notification No. SO ( A – 1 ) 1-31 / 2008 dated 28.01.2021 issued by School Education Department , Govt .
Schedule for schools base exams by PEC
of the Punjab , the following schedule is hereby notified in order to conduct School Based Assessment ( SBA ) for Grade 1 to VIII by the District Education Authorities as per SoPs given thereunder :
- Mode of assessment of the academic session 2020-21 is 50 % weightage for Homework and 50 % weightage for MCQ based paper .
- Assessment for Grades I & II ( English , Maths , General Knowledge and Urdu ) will be Oral and instruments will be provided by the PEC : .
- Item bank of 100 items per subject for Grade III to VIII of all core subjects ( English , Maths , Science , Urdu , Computer Science , History & Geography and Islamiyat / Ethics ) will be provided by PEC :
- Assessment of remaining optional subjects will be prepared and conducted by school itself :
- Each MCQ paper will be of 25 items having 2 marks for each item with a duration of 60 minutes ( in multiple sessions daily if needed ) as per SoPs of Covid – 19 issued by Govt . of the Punjab .
- Date sheet for SBA will be issued by the Head Teacher of the school as per above mentioned schedule .
- Punjab Examination Commission will establish a Control Room at provincial level for coordination / facilitation to District Education Authorities ;