DISTRIBUTION OF FREE TEXTBOOKS TO STUDENTS OF PUBLIC SECTOR SCHOOLS IN THE PUNJAB FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2020-21
Kindly refer to the subject cited above. PMIU-PESRP has completed 80% delivery of free textbooks for the academic session 2020-21 at tehsil warehouses across the Punjab till date, and remaining books will be delivered at respective tehsil warehouses very soon.
Distribution of free textbooks from tehsil warehouse to schools is a time taking process.
The DEAs are requested to start distribution of free textbooks immediately by inviting the Heads of institutions to Tehsil Warehouses according to a well-chalked out
plan to ensure timely and smooth distribution of books to schools.
Following instructions are hereby issued only for distribution of free textbooks to public sector schools and students within your respective district:
- Free textbooks should be issued to schools in accordance with the enrollment of the school.
- Documentation during issuance of free textbooks to schools from tehsil warehouse must be ensured.
- Similarly, Headmaster/Headmistress of all schools must be directed to ensure documentation of free textbooks during issuance to students.
- Record of issuance of books from tehsil warehouses, and schools must be maintained properly for audit purpose.
- CEOs(DEA) are directed to issue free textbooks for schools under Punjab Education Foundation (PEF) and PEIMA-PSSP with the permission of PEF & PEIMA-PSSP.
- CEOs(DEA) and the focal person of free textbooks must ensure that there is no pilferage of FTBs from tehsil warehouses and schools within their district.
- CEOs (DEA) should ensure the distribution of free textbooks to 100% schools and students within their district in accordance with SOPs.
- The activity of distribution of textbooks to schools should be completed before the start of the new academic session.